Friday 2 November 2012

ERASMUS TIMES: Update- Everything is as it was.

Being the neglectful blogger that I am, it has been over a month since my last post. It is with the guilt of a catholic school-child at confession that I admit this. I was once that catholic school-child, so I am speaking from experience. Since my last post I have put in two weeks of lectures and university work. Most of these two weeks were spent dicking about, trying to ignore the inevitable course work, etc. This week classes have really started proper. As a result I have been faced with the challenge of the copy rooms, the library, registering for classes and other such dreadful things. Incidentally these hellish situations seemed to fall around the same time as Halloween. Coincidence? Yes.

Classes seem to be good so far. My understanding isn't quite what it should be at, but I'm hoping this will improve. Ideally quite quickly. From what I understand of the content, it's pretty interesting stuff! I've taken on introductory classes for German film and German linguistics which have proven quite engaging so far. Though, I may just be massively confused. I'm taking quite a few language classes too, which are enlightening.  Enlightening in the sense I didn't realise I was such a thicko.

The week was punctuated nicely by a bank holiday on Thursday. It was All Souls Day, so everyone got the day off to busy themselves being holy. Or to busy themselves lying in bed with a horrific hangover from Halloween. I spent mine being a domestic goddess... and then dicking about with Phoebe and Claire. It's thrilling bits of information like that, are why I write this blog.

LG,
Orla

Soundtrack der Woche:
It is for no particular reason that I have been listening to 'William, it was reallly nothing' by The Smiths. Said I'd make ye privy to that tantalising part of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment